Re: Copyright template in tools/template-debian/copyright

Hi,

Am Sonntag, den 18.03.2012, 12:07 +0100 schrieb Iustin Pop:
> > Especially, the default should not require editing more than one
> > license, so give debian/* the same as the the package. (Although I don’t
> > think our stripped down debian/* files are even copyrightable...)
>
> Thanks, I've pushed it; I hope I understood correctly what you meant by
> same license.

Yes, you did, although I’m wondering if it is actually correct: The
debian/ directory (if copyrightable at all, which I doubt) is clearly a
derived work of the tepmlate-debian directory, and should thus always
have the same license. Also, the copyright holder should be the same,
and not necessarily the person copying the debian/ directory (is that
itself already a copyrightable act)....

But then, lets just leave it like this and carry on with real work,
unless someone is keen on working on a correct solution that involves no
more work than now for everyone else.