Re: shelltestrunner dependency on FileManipCompat

On Thu, Mar 08, 2012 at 11:06:47PM +0100, Iustin Pop wrote:
> [re-adding debian-haskell@, to let people know]
>
> On Thu, Mar 08, 2012 at 01:29:53PM -0800, Simon Michael wrote:
> > Iustin,
> >
> > great! I saw your post on the debian-haskell list. Thanks for working on
> > this.
> >
> > I looked at filemanip/FileManip/FileManipCompat this morning. I think
> > FileManipCompat was a windows-compatible fork of (part of) FileManip,
> > but filemanip now supersedes both and shelltestrunner should just use
> > that. Hopefully it's an easy switch, would you care to take a crack at
> > it ?
>
> Oh, if it wasn't an explicit need for FileManipCompat, sure, I'd love
> to.

And attached is a very trivial patch. I'm not familiar with darcs, so if
this isn't how one should actually send patches, please let me know.

thanks!
iustin
1 patch for repository /tmp/shelltestrunner:

Mon Mar 12 13:22:48 CET 2012  Iustin Pop <iusty@k1024.org>
  * Switch from FileManipCompat to filemanip

  The only changes needed to get it built & tested were the cabal changes and the
  imports fixing. However, the empty-windows test fails, I'm not sure whether
  that's expected to fail on Linux or not.

  Also, I've chosen the version requirements arbitrarily: not sure what the right
  policy is.

New patches:

[Switch from FileManipCompat to filemanip
Iustin Pop <iusty@k1024.org>**20120312122248
 Ignore-this: 10614adefceca8119d22e159f1b8b56f

 The only changes needed to get it built & tested were the cabal changes and the
 imports fixing. However, the empty-windows test fails, I'm not sure whether
 that's expected to fail on Linux or not.

 Also, I've chosen the version requirements arbitrarily: not sure what the right
 policy is.

] hunk ./shelltest.hs 40
 import Debug.Trace
 import System.Directory (doesDirectoryExist)
 import System.FilePath (takeDirectory)
-import System.FilePath.FindCompat (findWithHandler, (==?), always)
-import qualified System.FilePath.FindCompat as Find (extension)
+import System.FilePath.Find (findWithHandler, (==?), always)
+import qualified System.FilePath.Find as Find (extension)
 import Control.Applicative ((<$>))
 import Data.Algorithm.Diff
 import Distribution.PackageDescription.TH (packageVariable, package, pkgVersion)
hunk ./shelltestrunner.cabal 32
   build-depends:
                  base                 >= 4     && < 5
                 ,cabal-file-th
-                ,FileManipCompat      >= 0.18  && < 0.19
+                ,filemanip            >= 0.3   && < 0.4
                 ,HUnit                            < 1.3
                 ,cmdargs              >= 0.7   && < 0.10
                 ,directory            >= 1.0

Context:

[tools: release rule tweaks
Simon Michael <simon@joyful.com>**20120226230701
 Ignore-this: c1898ae7a605fbd1121cb10656280cd8
]
[TAG 1.2
Simon Michael <simon@joyful.com>**20120226230626
 Ignore-this: f6819b738b1018192289be5c57d37cb3
]
Patch bundle hash:
4fa1b6b6c384eaf737898ebc4ea051d6b8aa8ede