shelltestrunner dependency on FileManipCompat

Hi Simon,

I would be interested to package shelltestrunner in debian, as part of
the Debian Haskell group (CCed), but it has a dependency on
FileManipCompat which is not yet packaged in Debian.

Now looking at Hackage I don't understand the difference between
filemanip (in Debian already) and FileManipCompat. Could you shed some
light here?

Since nothing else required so far FileManipCompat, ideally we wouldn't
package it, since it seems at first sight to do the same as filemanip.
Would it be possible to make shelltestrunner work with both?

thanks in advance,
iustin