Re: Small package or big dependencies?

Hi,

Am Dienstag, den 03.08.2010, 14:19 -0700 schrieb John MacFarlane:
> All of this is making me think that it would be good to automate
> the procedure now, rather than having to do this manually for every
> library that depends on data files.

There are two parts: 1) Installing the files into -data and 2) Depending
on the right package and version.

1) could be implemented in haskell-devscripts (If there is -data in the
control file and the cabal file mentions data-files stuff, put it in the
-data file).

2) Needs probably some more individual decisions thought, and the code
in debian/{control,rules} is rather short, see gitit. This can be left
to be done manually for now.

(Don’t automate new stuff too early, as there are lessons to be leared
first :-))