Re: -prof for hslogger

Hi.

Il 04/07/2010 01:13, Iain Lane ha scritto:
> I must say, I think that some of the changes you are asking are somewhat
> pedantic. But I have to do them if I wish to see sponsorship so will
> look to fixing things tomorrow.

I'm sorry you're being upset with this: I really didn't want to make you
"feel punished for something you didn't do". When I'm working on a team
maintained, I usually tend to do general cleanings (including lintian
cleanings): this is the spirit with which I looked your requests for
sponsoring.

Moreover, some changes are needed to keep the packages in consistent
state. For example, the lacking of appropriate substitution variables
risks to introduce RC bugs then packages are used with wrong version of
their dependencies. Maintaining team packages, according to me, also
requires that, even if someone is not specifically involved in a certain
package, is entitled (and encouraged) to do this kind of housekeeping,
in order to make team's life as smooth as possible.

Maybe I'm wrong: then, I'd like consensus to emerge over the kind of
responsibilities that someone being in the team has with respect to
packages that he's uploader of of he isn't.

Now I really need to go to sleep; tomorrow evening I'll have another
look at the points you outlined. :-)

Giovanni.
--
Giovanni Mascellani <mascellani@poisson.phc.unipi.it>