Re: -prof for hslogger

Hey,

On Sat, Jul 03, 2010 at 03:02:41PM +0200, Giovanni Mascellani wrote:
Il 03/07/2010 13:50, Iain Lane ha scritto:
btw, I couldn't add a profiling package to configfile because missingh
doesn't have one.

If you can toss a wiki page "packages which need profiling enabled" up
then I'll also look at adding some.

I thought the rule was "add -prof to every package, unless there are
good reason not to do so" (which seems a good rule to me). Maybe the
best thing to do here is to add -prof also to missingh.

Yeah, I was wondering if we had a list of all of the packages which don't build profiling libs yet (i.e. the ones we need to fix now)

I see that missingh maintainer is still John Goerzen, so probably the
reason is the same that Joachim told for hslogger: many packages made
before the Haskell Group didn't have -prof.

If you want to fix the both, I can sponsor you. Otherwise, I also can
sponsor configfile as it is now.

Why not? I'll do it now.