Re: Leksah packaging open questions

On 3/06/2010, at 9:50, Joachim Breitner <nomeata@debian.org> wrote:

> @Leksah-Devs: Just wondering, what exactly is the effect of your change?

I put a detailed description of what is changed in the main description of the issue when I logged it.

As noted there, the change may require small fixes to some other packages (those using the CreateProcess constructor directly). So I don't think it is a good idea to include it in debian before it is released as part of ghc.

> What breaks when working with the standard process library?

Without it background builds cannot be interrupted (making the feature unusable).  Also it is needed to send an interrupt to ghci when when the use chooses Debug->Stop.

A hack was used in the past to make these work (at least on unix), but it sent the interrupt to the process group leksah was in causing at least three bugs:
1) X windows itself would get interrupted if leksah was not run in a shell.
2) Grep would get interrupted.
3) Leksah would ignore attempts to interrupt it.

Hamish