Re: Leksah packaging open questions

Hi,

Am Dienstag, den 01.06.2010, 21:50 -0300 schrieb Marco Túlio Gontijo e
Silva:
> Excerpts from Joachim Breitner's message of Ter Jun 01 17:53:42 -0300 2010:
> (...)
> > Am Dienstag, den 01.06.2010, 22:38 +0200 schrieb Jürgen
> > Nicklisch-Franken:
> > > the patch has been submitted and will be added to Process for the
> > > next release:
> > > hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/3994
> > > So this is a temporary workaround only, and the dependency will
> > > disappear with the next Compiler/Base package versions.
> >
> > Judging from the ticket, I see no indication that the patch was accepted
> > yet, and darcs changes --repo http://darcs.haskell.org/packages/process/
> > does not list it.
>
> If it's confirmed that the patch is going to the next release, it'll be easier
> to convince the ghc6 maintainer to apply it in a next upload of ghc6 to
> Debian.
>
> If not, what are the other possibilities?  Is it possible to inline the changes
> in process in leksah code, that is, instead of patching process, patch leksah?
>
> If both of these show out to be impossible, or unlikely, I think that uploading
> process-leksah to the archive is not such a bad idea.  It's certainly not such
> a good one either, but it can fit as a temporary solution, and it's better than
> staying without leksah at all.

Judging from Simons comment¹ to the bug, inclusion will take longer than
we want to wait. So we’ll have to add the process-leksah package to
Debian temporarily. We should make it clear in the description that
people should not use it for anything but building leksah.

@Leksah-Devs: Just wondering, what exactly is the effect of your change?
What breaks when working with the standard process library?

¹„I need to properly review the patch. The API change looks fine to me,
but the internal changes weren't obviously right when I just skimmed
though the patch. Also there are some typos in the Haddocks. I'll make
sure we get it done before 6.14.1 though.“
http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/3994#comment:6