Re: ghc6 6.12.1-6 in experimental; next one to unstable?

Kari Pahula wrote:

> Hello.  I'd like to upload the next version of ghc6 to unstable.

Just installed in a sid chroot here. Only minor problem was:

    update-alternatives: warning: skip creation of /usr/bin/hasktags
    because associated file /usr/lib/ghc-6.12.1/bin/hasktags (of link
    group ghc) doesn't exist.

Probably not a big issue.

> The downside of this is that we'd need to do sourceful uploads of some
> (most?) libraries, since they have a versioned dependeny on haddock.
> Are we up to that?

At least for the group maintained packages I don't think thats a
problem.

> Unless someone objects, I'll upload the next ghc6 version to unstable.
> It should now build on ia64, allowing it to enter testing.

That is truely fantastic news. I look forward to it.

Cheers,
Erik
Erik de Castro Lopo
http://www.mega-nerd.com/