Re: haskell-debian vs. newest HaXml

On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 08:34:12AM +1000, Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:
> Jeremy Shaw wrote:
>
> > If that is true, then I would be happy with leaving the current HaXml
> > upload alone and creating libghc6-haxml13-dev and having packages
> > depend on that if they want the old API.
>
> I also prefer this option but that would require all apps that currently
> have Build-Depends on libghc6-haxml-dev to chaneg that to the haxml13
> version.

I suppose this would be acceptable if someone would be willing to provide
patches and (if necessary) do NMUs.

I personally find fear of the epoch quite hilarious.  It's a tool for a
specific job (fix a version numbering mistake).  Don't use it when it's not
appropriate, use it when it is.  But see above.

--
Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho, Jyväskylä, Finland
http://antti-juhani.kaijanaho.fi/newblog/