Re: haskell-debian vs. newest HaXml

On Sep 10, 2009, at 3:46 PM, Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:
I have always stated that HaXml-1.14 - 1.19 are an unstable
development branch. However, in practice, 1.19.x is pretty stable, and
things have not changed or broken for a long time.  I am considering
whether to declare the next revision (1.20, or maybe 2.0) to be the
new stable version.  It will have almost no changes from 1.19.x.

This is good news. But I don't think it really changes much in the short term. 1.20 will not be backwards compatible with 1.13, and almost everyone uses the 1.13 interface right now. So, we need to keep both until everyone migrates.

I guess it means we should plan to have both available, instead of just 1.13?

- jeremy