Re: Darcs and collab-maint

Joachim Breitner <nomeata@debian.org> writes:

> great, darcs already appears on
> http://pkg-haskell.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/pet.cgi
>
> Could you tell us about the level of group interaction you are aiming
> at? [...]

Primarily I wanted somewhere sensible to put the debian/ repo :-)

I'm happy for others to work on the package, but I'd prefer changes to
be sent to me for review, rather than being applied directly.  This
gives me a chance to veto anything I don't like :-)

I expect to simply apply routine stuff, but for sweeping changes (such
as a new upstream release) it would be advisable to talk to me before
starting work, to avoid wasted effort.

I've set up the repo to reflect this.  Maybe this trick is worth
documenting on wiki.d.o?

    alioth:/darcs/pkg-haskell/darcs$ cat _darcs/prefs/motd
    Please send patches to me for review (`darcs send') rather than
    applying them yourself (`darcs push').  Thank you.
                                       -- Trent W. Buck, 2009-11-18
    alioth:/darcs/pkg-haskell/darcs$ cat _darcs/prefs/email
    Trent W. Buck <trentbuck@gmail.com>