Darcs and collab-maint

For a while I have been maintaining the Darcs package using no real
version control, because the previous attempt to maintain Debianization
as a branch of the upstream repo (VCS-Darcs in Debian/control) was
crippled by merge conflicts.

Lately, I have carefully created a new repo of just the debian/
directory, including historical version (using some 3.0-style patch
format to represent historical changes that were outside of debian/).

This repo is now at alioth.debian.org:~twb-guest/darcs.  I'd like to
jump on board the collab-maint bandwagon, but following these [0]
instructions fails:

    $ darcs get --complete alioth.debian.org:darcs
    Copying patches, to get lazy repository hit ctrl-C...
    Finished getting.
    $ darcs put darcs.debian.org:/darcs/pkg-haskell/darcs
    darcs: /darcs/pkg-haskell/darcs: createDirectory: permission denied (Permission denied)

    darcs failed:  Couldn't initialize remote repository.
    $

I'm guessing I need to be added to the pkg-haskell group or something.
I'd be obliged if someone could sort that out for me (or direct me to
wherever I'm supposed to be).

PS: you'll notice I'm using dh instead of CDBS1 and hlibrary.mk.  This
is because I'm only building Darcs' app part (and while I like CDBS 1, I
love dh a lot more).  Sorry!

[0] http://wiki.debian.org/Haskell/CollabMaint/DarcsBasic