Re: haskell-debian vs. newest HaXml

Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 09, 2009 at 08:31:11PM +0200, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> > Am Mittwoch, den 09.09.2009, 13:23 -0500 schrieb John Goerzen:
> > > I have no problem with offering the unstable HaXml in Debian, but only
> > > if the stable HaXml is still here!
>
> Agreed.

I'm perfectly willing to do this once I get a good understanding of
whats to be done.

> > Anyways, it’s there now. How bad is the impact? Should we rollback the
> > haxml version? Or can we live with it?
>
> I'd recommend rolling back the package and repackaging the unstable version
> under a different name.

I've looked at the  HaXml entry on Hackage and I can see no  indication that
1.19.7 is  anything other than the current version. AFAICS, the only thing that
makes 1.19.7 unstable is that this is the version of the package in Debian
unstable while Debian testing and stable have the older version.

Since HaXml does not seem to be part of the Haskell Platform, that is not
a consideration either.

As such, I think the solution to this issue is to do a package named HaXml1.13
and keep the HaXml package tracking the latest Hackage version.

However, I'm a little unsure how to make HaXml1.13 and HaXml (1.19.X)
coexist or if they should conflict with one another.

Erik
Erik de Castro Lopo
http://www.mega-nerd.com/