Re: haskell-debian vs. newest HaXml

Hi John,

Am Mittwoch, den 09.09.2009, 13:23 -0500 schrieb John Goerzen:
> Jeremy Shaw wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I can update Debian.Report to build against the newer HaXml now that
> > it is available in sid.
>
> And this is highly annoying.  The stable HaXml (1.13) is now NOT
> available in sid.  So that means that we can't build any software that
> uses the stable HaXml.
>
> I have no problem with offering the unstable HaXml in Debian, but only
> if the stable HaXml is still here!
>
> This has broken a great number of my programs, both private and public.

I was not aware that 1.19.7 is not a stable version. The hackage page
does not indicate that, and the fact that the homepage only lists 1.13
can also just mean that it’s not updated with each release (as it
happens with other projects as well).

I was hoping that having a Debian packaging group would help with these
problems – Erik announced more than two weeks ago that he is working on
1.19.7, someone could have said that we should be careful with that
version.

Anyways, it’s there now. How bad is the impact? Should we rollback the
haxml version? Or can we live with it?