haskell-debian vs. newest HaXml

Hi David,

I wanted to make improvements to hpvt[0] and had to recompile the cabal
package “debian” locally. Unfortunately, it fails with the current
HaXml:

[33 of 34] Compiling Debian.Report    ( Debian/Report.hs, dist/build/Debian/Report.o )

Debian/Report.hs:77:67:
    `CFilter' is not applied to enough type arguments
    Expected kind `?', but `CFilter' has kind `* -> *'
    In the type `M.Map B.ByteString (DebianVersion, DebianVersion)
                 -> CFilter'
    In the type signature for `trumpedXML':
      trumpedXML :: M.Map B.ByteString (DebianVersion, DebianVersion)
                    -> CFilter

It would be nice to see an updated version of debian soon.

Also, what’s the state of inclusion of debian in Debian (*g*)? Besides
Extra, all dependencies are available. I’m not sure if Extra itself
ought to be packaged separately in Debian, though. Is the code of Extra
that’s used by debian really shared with something else, or could it be
moved to the debian cabal package?

Thanks,
Joachim

[0] http://people.debian.org/~nomeata/hackagevsdebian.html