Re: Git? (Was: Team maint update)

Hi,

Am Freitag, den 03.07.2009, 19:50 -0300 schrieb Marco Túlio Gontijo e
Silva:
> Em Fri, 3 Jul 2009 17:34:43 -0300
> Marco Túlio Gontijo e Silva <marcot@holoscopio.com> escreveu:
> > I'll mail here when it's done.
>
> I've created the darcs repository for the packages in
> alioth.debian.org:/var/lib/gforge/chroot/home/groups/pkg-haskell/ , while the
> darcs repository in /darcs is not created[0].  After that, I'll move it to
> /darcs . It uses darcs-monitor to mail
> pkg-haskell-commits@lists.alioth.debian.org .
>
> I've added all my packages there as they are in Debian right now, only the
> debian/ part.  Hope you join.

I have a question WRT that layout. With SVN, it would be possible to
check out the debian/ folder of one package directly into the unpackaged
upstream source, thus allowing for regular dpkg-buildpackage work. Now,
darcs does not have the feature of checking out subdirectories.

How do you set up your directories? Do you copy the debian/ dir to the
upstream sources, and manually copy them back after changes? Do you
never keep the upstream sources unpackaged and have a dpkg-buildpackage
wrapper that handles that for you?

Unfortunately debian/ can not be a symbolic link.

Maybe, with darcs, having one repo per package makes more sense, so you
can have the repository as debian/ inside the unpackaged upstream
sources.