Re: Haskell platform?

On Fri, 2009-04-17 at 14:04 -0700, Clifford Beshers wrote:
> Oh, duh, there's a cabal package for it.  That should make it trivial,
> once cabal-debian is up to snuff.  I ran it (cabal-debian) and it
> failed because we don't have all the opengl packages set up right,
> there were some version problems which I suspect is the result of
> recent work, and there was a build error because of missing haddock
> files, but all in all those look pretty easy to clean up.

The one thing to watch out for is that the haskell-platform.cabal
meta-package doesn't mention the programs that are part of the platform,
ie alex, happy, haddock and cabal-install.

The definitive list is currently here:
http://trac.haskell.org/haskell-platform/wiki/Library/VersionMatrix#PlatformPackages
in the column for 2009.0.0

We'll move that list to a page on it's own along with some guidance for
distros.

Duncan