Re: zaurus-debian success!

On Thu, May 06, 2004 at 11:38:49AM +0200, Francois-Rene Rideau wrote:
> On Wed, May 05, 2004 at 05:06:49PM -0500, Klaus Weidner wrote:

> We have keyboard and ps2 mousepad working alright :-)
> For what it's worth, the keyboard is much better than on a zaurus
> (it's about all that's better, so we are especially proud of it :) )

Have you tried the clamshell C7x0/C8x0 models? Those have very nice
keyboards, complete with Alt and Ctrl keys after a bit of remapping.
I quickly got annoyed by the Zaurus 5x00 keyboard.

> But for instance, I moved to NFS the following directories, and I feel lighter:
> 	/usr/share/{doc,info,man} /var/cache /dev /usr/lib/gcc-lib

Okay, for documentation it's of course a reasonable idea. That doesn't
break anything if it's missing.

Are you serious though about moving /dev/ off the main system? I don't
think that's a good idea.

> Too bad there isn't a debian with uclibc...

I'd rather spend some extra money on a larger storage card than spend
time debugging obscure incompatibilities ;-)

> Those who do not understand LISP are condemned to not even being able
> to reinvent it poorly.	-- Faré, without apologies to Henry Spencer.

Nice signature - I just started using Common Lisp recently, and am a
convert already.

-Klaus