Re: update "Live dvd-image voor i386 (ISO)"

On Thu, May 06, 2021 at 03:46:10PM +0200, Christoph Berg wrote:
> Re: Dave Hibberd
> > I had a quick test this morrning, following the instructions here [1] I was able to change the root password and log in as root on the live disk.
>
> Fwiw, I believe that unless someone is stepping in to really take care
> of the images including a plan on how to actually maintain them in the
> future, we'd be best off by just deleting them. Otherwise people will
> continue to waste time by having trouble with outdated things.
>
> Christoph

As somebody working with the Debian CD/DVD etc. teams: yes, absolutely.

There are real problems finding someone to maintain i386 images well/at all:
there are also problems coming up in generating live CDs because some of
the software will likely be removed in Bullseye.

I know it's annoying - but unless maintainers can be found, then the best
way forward for debian-hams stuff is as a task under tasksel in the
debian-installer, I think. That too is a bit fraught with difficulty -
d-i has its own issues of fragility.

Just my €0.02

Andy Cater, G0EVX