Re: Inquiry about GPL v3 code linked against OpenSSL

Dear all,

in our case, the switch from OpenSSL to GnuTLS was surprisingly easy. Here you have the details: https://github.com/gnss-sdr/gnss-sdr/commit/18545077d84c02fe77b2a257a06f6d4456a1359f

GnuTLS provides the gnutls-openssl library, which is a partial implementation of OpenSSL. The library is provided by the libgnutls28-dev package. This compatibility layer is not complete and it is not intended to completely re-implement the OpenSSL API with GnuTLS (it only provides limited source-level compatibility), but it was enough for us.

Although our case was straightforward and we didn’t find any special obstacle, I expect this could serve as a basis for other people switching from OpenSSL to GnuTLS.

Best regards,
Carles