Re: Welcome to the team, Eugene Lee!

Hi all,

I'm just a typical undergraduate who's been fortunate enough to use
debian and "everyone's favorite variant, ubuntu" - perhaps not
extensively for sure but enough that I believe it's time I somehow
gave back to the community that supports this wonderful OS.

I *somehow* got involved with amateur radio back in high school, and
while I am a huge believer of "QRO SSB or go home", it does without
saying that software will, and has, been invading the hobby. Digital
modes, software defined radios, tools and binaries that help a
simple-minded contester like me, are some of the many things that are
making amateur radio an awesome place to be right now.

Unfortunately, a good number of packages and suites considered popular
in ham radio are typically Windows only (looking at you, N3FJP and
WriteLog), consistent with how seemingly backwards the world of
amateur radio has been.

I'd love take part in changing that by starting off with hamradio
project, and am more than happy to work with whatever comes my way.
Iain pointed me towards perhaps taking up an orphaned project,
particularly xdemorse.

I'll be around, getting ready for the Extra (with hamexam, what else?)
- if you've got something that may interest a budding developer like
me, feel free to throw it my way!

Sincerely,
Eugene Lee (Gene) KD2FJB
--leee