Re: aprsc in Debian

On 15/09/14 20:03, Heikki Hannikainen wrote:

> aprsd contains a complete igate implementation, but it has some
> bugs. The most serious ones (non-ASCII byte mangling ones) have been
> patched in the debian version these days.

Both the Debian version and the newer upstream version of aprsd are
un-buildable on a modern Debian system, which is why we are talking
about removing it from Debian.

> aprx has better igate and digipeater functionality.

It sounds like a good replacement.

> aprx is a client, aprsc is a server, aprsd is both a client and
> server but it's server does not implement the things current servers
> are supposed to do. And it's got some bugs in the igate client
> functionality too.

Thanks for your input, I believe this has helped the Debian Ham Radio
maintainers work out the best course of action.

Colin

--
Colin Tuckley      |  +44(0)1223 830814  |  PGP/GnuPG Key Id
Debian Developer   |  +44(0)7799 143369  |     0x38C9D903

I've been seduced by the chocolate side of the force.