Re: [OT] debian list oddness here

On 2012-01-03 10:14:05 -0600 (-0600), Doug wrote:
> When I respond to a message on the list I use "reply" option of
> the mail program. On this list it appears to go to the originator
> of the message.
[...]

That is typical configuration for all Debian's official mailing
lists, and assumes that you may want to reply to the original sender
(optionally Cc'ing the list using reply-to-all or vice versa, though
this is discouraged by the CoC[1]). Most MUAs have a list-reply
feature which will fish the list address out of other headers
instead--for the Mutt MUA this is bound to shift-L.

In your case, it looks like the To: header is getting populated with
a munged version of the original message's List-Post: header (which
contains a URI rather than a raw E-mail address), but your MUA is
not recognizing it as such and thus not reinterpreting it
appropriately.