apt-get problem

The problem is resolved by using the proper procedure in running a script
file.Lock was locked. Removed the lock file and things started to work
right. Used the wrong run procedure for a script file and it was locked
again. More finger trouble and in to much of a hurry. The "older we get
the hurrier we get"!!!! Thanks for all the help. I have archived most
of it for future blunders in the world of linux. And yes, I do work in
root!!. Now to check and see if six meters is up!!

73
Doug VE5DA