Re: TESTING tlf-0.8.1 more bug reports

El Dom 06 Oct 2002 17:29, Rein escribió:

> You should NOT add the ip address of the PC tlf is running on. So if
> on node C the ip address of the PC is 10.34.0.7, you only need
> ADDNODE=10.34.0.8
> accordingly, on node B  you only need
> ADDNODE=10.34.0.7
> I will add a few lines to the doc for this...
Right!
Now it is working!
Thanks for the aclaration!

> 2nd, you can check the connectivity by just pinging from node to node...
> On my laptop which is connected to the lan via a 56k modem I have a ping
> time of 110 ms. between the other nodes on the lan abt. 1 ms.
Well... about 1.5-2ms in a wireless lan network... no problem at all!

> Meanwhile I will change the code for next version so tlf does not read its
> own ip address from logcfg.dat...
Well... at this moment i have NOT write the "own" ip anywhere... i don't
understand...

> > How can i send a "talk" to the other stations?
> Talk with "texttexttext
PSE RPT :-)
I can't understand...
tlf does not understand ":talk" and if i type "talk" it uses as a call... so 3
points more to my contest score X'DDD

The talk command is not very important for me... i am just trying to test all
i can before CQ-WW
Ah!
If i use the logcfg.dat that you give as an example in the tar.gz and then i
type ":ssb" to switch to a SSB contest... then i cannot write the "zone"
(multiplier) :-?

Maybe is a config issue isn't it?

Another strange thing i  have notice is...
Node A (has cluster access)
Node B (just tlf).

If i am running B but A is off...  and then i start A, B receives cluster
data, ok?
i exit tlf again and re-enter... so B receives cluster data again and it shows
twice or more (the same number of tlf re-starts) the same spots :-)
Not a big problem...

Another issue i am missing... just imagine you are contesting in a
multi/multi... and you have a computer problem so one has to be restarted.
All multipliers that are worked in the time you have your computer (or tlf)
off... are missed to that computer as it is not on the network.
Maybe it could be a good idea to send an "array" of multiplier/band... just
for information... (this can bring new problems i cannot see now)

Thanks again and congratulations for the big improvements on tlf!
I'll keep beta-testing ;-)

- --
Un saludo,
	Jaime Robles, EA4TV