Re: intro

bruce@quidnet.com (Bruce Walker) writes:

> I'm also an active ham, so I thought taking on a project in this area
> might be a reasonable way to get started.  I was thinking of packaging
> the userland soundmodem code (which I use), unless someone already is/has.

It was the subject of an intent-to-package by Maitland Bottoms a while back,
and since I have an immediate need for it, I asked in the last day or two what
the status was, with the result that I'm in the process of adopting it from
him.  I did some work on the packaging last night, but it's not done yet.

Frankly, it's not something I really feel the need to own as a package, I just
want to *use* it...  :-)  So, if Mait doesn't get excited about it again there
is a good chance you could adopt it at some point.  Hopefully I'll have
something ready to upload in a day or two.

> Or if there are other hot issues or things needing adoption, let me
> know.  My ham interests these days are mostly the digital/dsp modes and
> satellite.

The state of PSK-31 code for Debian seems a bit confused to me right now, and
I don't know if we have an APT weather fax program packaged yet?

Bdale, KB0G