Re: debian shortwave net?

On Sun, 29 Jul 2001 21:40:38 +1000
Hamish Moffatt <hamish@debian.org> wrote:

> Sounds ok. As Terry said, it could be hard to find a good time.
> I don't think there is a time on 20m where we VKs have
> propagation to both Europe and the USA.. The best we could
> do might be three separate nets (USA/EU, EU/SEAsia, USA/SEAsia).
>
> Actually, I don't hear many PA stations on at the best of times.
> I think openings to Northern Europe are not too common.

I hear VK's every day on 20 meters around 0800 Z on a simple
dipole. But they might be big guns.....

> There's always good old fashioned SSB too :-) Or NEWQPSK.

Don't have a mic. I just cut of the connector because I needed to
feed my TS-870 with PSK/MFSK audio and hook up the sound card.
Anyway, PSK is far superiour with weak signals. I am suprised what
twpsk can do with a weak and noisy signal.

I will be on 14.073 between 22.00 Z and 00.00 Z today (sunday).
Will try and listen for VK tomorrow morning and rest of the week
around 0800 Z. Callsign is PA4TU. I will call CQ debian .....

> Hamish
> --
> Hamish Moffatt VK3SB <hamish@debian.org> <hamish@cloud.net.au>

Joop
--
Joop Stakenborg - Debian GNU/Linux developer <pa3aba@debian.org>

--> If you recompile your kernel first thing in the morning, you
get "morning wood".