Re: debian shortwave net?

On Sun, Jul 29, 2001 at 12:29:17PM +0200, Joop Stakenborg wrote:
> I would like the idea of debian-hams meeting on shortwave in
> some kind of digital mode. My suggestion would be PSK31 or
> MFSK on a clear spot on the 20m band, let's say
>
> 14.073 +/- 0.5 Kc/s
>
> How does this sound for an idea?

Sounds ok. As Terry said, it could be hard to find a good time.
I don't think there is a time on 20m where we VKs have
propagation to both Europe and the USA.. The best we could
do might be three separate nets (USA/EU, EU/SEAsia, USA/SEAsia).

Actually, I don't hear many PA stations on at the best of times.
I think openings to Northern Europe are not too common.

There's always good old fashioned SSB too :-) Or NEWQPSK.

Hamish