Re: Gedit extremely slow on Sarge
- To: List Debian gtk-gnome <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: Gedit extremely slow on Sarge
- From: Jérôme Warnier <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 09:22:19 +0100
- Message-id: <1137745339.10884.182.camel@localhost>
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <1137684991.10884.169.camel@localhost> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Le vendredi 20 janvier 2006 à 01:23 +0100, Martin Braure de Calignon a
> Le jeudi 19 janvier 2006 à 10:47 -0500, James Strandboge a écrit :
> > On Thu, 2006-01-19 at 16:36 +0100, Jérôme Warnier wrote:
> > > I don't know if you feel the same, but gedit is extremely slow to start,
> > > the disk goes crazy for about 1 minute before the gedit window appears.
> > >
> > > Other GNOME applications are quite snappy.
> > >
> > > On an up-to-date Sid (slightly less powerful machine), it starts almost
> > > immediately.
> > >
> > > Any idea of what could help it start faster?
> > Seems to work fine here. What does an strace reveal?
> > Jamie Strandboge
> I don't know if it can help but one day, my gedit was extremely slow.
> After some investigates, it was due to GPG plugin of gedit.
> It was loading all my keys before opening the file if I correctly
This could be it!
And how did you deactivate this behaviour?