Re: Gedit extremely slow on Sarge
- To: James Strandboge <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Gedit extremely slow on Sarge
- From: Martin Braure de Calignon <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 01:23:19 +0100
- Message-id: <email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <1137684991.10884.169.camel@localhost> <email@example.com>
Le jeudi 19 janvier 2006 à 10:47 -0500, James Strandboge a écrit :
> On Thu, 2006-01-19 at 16:36 +0100, Jérôme Warnier wrote:
> > I don't know if you feel the same, but gedit is extremely slow to start,
> > the disk goes crazy for about 1 minute before the gedit window appears.
> > Other GNOME applications are quite snappy.
> > On an up-to-date Sid (slightly less powerful machine), it starts almost
> > immediately.
> > Any idea of what could help it start faster?
> Seems to work fine here. What does an strace reveal?
> Jamie Strandboge
I don't know if it can help but one day, my gedit was extremely slow.
After some investigates, it was due to GPG plugin of gedit.
It was loading all my keys before opening the file if I correctly