Re: Gedit extremely slow on Sarge
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Gedit extremely slow on Sarge
- From: James Strandboge <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 10:47:34 -0500
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <1137684991.10884.169.camel@localhost>
- References: <1137684991.10884.169.camel@localhost>
On Thu, 2006-01-19 at 16:36 +0100, Jérôme Warnier wrote:
> I don't know if you feel the same, but gedit is extremely slow to start,
> the disk goes crazy for about 1 minute before the gedit window appears.
> Other GNOME applications are quite snappy.
> On an up-to-date Sid (slightly less powerful machine), it starts almost
> Any idea of what could help it start faster?
Seems to work fine here. What does an strace reveal?