Re: normal user can shut down the system

Josselin Mouette wrote:
This feature allows any user *who is physically logged on the machine*
through GDM to shut it down. Any such user has the power to shut it down
anyway, using e.g. the nifty gadget called a power switch.

Not if the system is physically secure, and the user only has access to the keyboard and screen, as for example in Univ lab environments.

I'm more concerned about my *clueless* users. They know [just] enough not to power the system off, but give them a menu and they'll play with it... :)

cheers,
c.