Re: normal user can shut down the system

El lun, 04-10-2004 a las 14:28 -0500, Kenny Hitt escribió:
> On Sun, Oct 03, 2004 at 01:01:54PM -0700, Rob Adams wrote:
> > In /etc/gdm.conf, change SecureSystemMenu=false to
> > SecureSystemMenu=true.  This will ensure that only root can shut down
> > the system from the gdm menu.
> >
> That works from the gdm menu, but it doesn't solve the problem.  A
> normal user can still shut down or reboot the system by choosing the
> option from the Gnome logout dialog.  The only fix is to purge gdm and
> install something with better security.

<rant>Then do that. Nobody stops you from doing that. Even you can code
such tool with the security level paranoia you want.</rant>

I really think that this should be worked on, as it's a problem for
secured systems or kiosk-like systems. Of course, I'd like that this can
be an option, and that users logged in can shutdown the computer. For
almost every home user, a computer means an user at a time (at least
that's true for desktop ones).

 Cheers,

--
Jose Carlos Garcia Sogo