Re: Totem changes XVideo settings

Hello.

Jesse Rosenthal:

> On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 09:07:36 +0100, Shot (Piotr Szotkowski) wrote:
>
> > Which package does xvattr belong to?
>
> Oops, I didn't realize that I had actually pulled it from Christian
> Marillat's unofficial repository (which also has the mplayer debs).

Um, right, I have Christian's repository in sources.list as well,
aptitude search must've played some tricks on me earlier today
(I checked aptitude before packages.debian.org).

> Actually, I just went and messed with these sliders again, and after
> turning "contrast" down to about 1/4, it seems okay. The settings
> didn't use to stick, but now they do (maybe I used to close the prefs
> window incorrectly?). Anyway, it seems to be okay now. Thanks Bastian.

Ok, I changed the contrast to 1/4th of the slider and it looks much
better now here as well. Can anybody enlighten me as to where are these
settings kept? I doubt they're (only) in the /apps/totem GConf key, as
they work in mplayer as well (and are xv's settings).

> I wish it wouldn't reset the Xvideo settings, but now, at least, it
> resets them to something pretty close to their default values. Good
> enough for me.

Well, as it is a returning bug for me, I'd rather the defaults were
sane. Maybe something could be done in the next update? Am I right
in assuming that it's the libxv1 package?

Thanks for the info about the sliders and
xvattr, I can set mplayer back to xv now. :o)

Cheers,
-- Shot
--
    Rincewind could scream for mercy in nineteen languages, and just scream
    in another forty-four.          -- Terry Pratchett, _Interesting Times_