Re: Totem changes XVideo settings

Hello.

Just to make sure we're talking about the same thing: we're talking
about the four sliders in Totem's Edit | Preferences | Display tab,
right?

Bastien Nocera:

> On Mon, 2004-11-29 at 09:07 +0100, Shot (Piotr Szotkowski) wrote:
> <snip>
> > Bastien Nocera:
> >
> > > Change them to decent defaults in the prefs window.
> >
> > Hm, in what prefs window? In Totem I have all of the four sliders
> > centered, and changing the saturation and hue ones doesn't seem to
> > do anything. Are there any GConf keys I could tamper with?
>
> Click on "reset to defaults". That should fix it (kind of).

Unfortunately, it doesn't. All four of the sliders are almost centered
when I open the preferences (the saturation and hue ones are about 1-2
pixels to the right of the brightness and contrast), and when I click
"reset defaults" the saturation and brightness ones jump these two
pixels to the left, so all of the sliders are centered perfectly now.

As I wrote before, neither saturation nor hue sliders seem to do
anything when changed (even to the minimum/maximum values), so
these two pixel changes don't alter the bleachness of the image.

Everything looks ok when I'm using mplayer with the
-vo x11 option, though, so it must be something with xv.

> Do you have an NVidia card? If so, complain to them,
> because setting XV_HUE triggers that washed-out effect.

No, I'm using IBM ThinkPad R31 laptop and the i810 X driver.

Cheers,
-- Shot
--
      I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them.   -- Isaac Asimov