Re: Euro support in Gnome

On Fri, 2004-09-24 at 18:01 +0200, Arjan Oosting wrote:
> Hi people,
>
> I've tried to get my gnome desktop to support the euro sign and although
> I can display the euro sign I can't type it (Right Alt + 5). I've
> configured XFree86 properly and I can use the key combination AltGrey +
> 5 in Xfce to type the euro symbol.
> Also some other keys on my keyboard don't generate the correct symbol
> when I press them when using Gnome (tested with xev) but do when using
> Xfce.
> Maybe someone can shed some light on this. I know there is some sort of
> a problem when you want to use Xmodmap (don't know the details though)
> but I configured everything inside XF86Config-4 which is attached.

Remember that you can always put a /etc/X11/Xmodmap file and bypass
Gnome completely ;-)
That's what I do and my keys are the same always (of course, you will
need root access to do this).

--
Luis M

lemsx1@latinomixed.com
Sorry. I just realized this sentance makes no sense :) -- Ian Main

http://www.latinomixed.com/