Re: Euro support in Gnome

On Sat, 2004-09-25 at 21:42 +0200, Arjan Oosting wrote:
> Op za, 25-09-2004 te 10:59 -0400, schreef Luis M:
> > Remember that you can always put a /etc/X11/Xmodmap file and bypass
> > Gnome completely ;-)
> Maybe I should give this a try then. But is this file used automatically
> or should I add some call to xmodmap somewhere in a script or .gnomerc?
> B.T.W. I use a Debian testing/unstable system with GNOME 2.8 (I like
> living on the edge ;) )

/etc/X11/Xmodmap gets read by X when it starts up (effectively bypassing
Gnome).

However, if you mess with Gnome's keyboard properties you might
reset/undo what this file might have. Just to set an example, here is my
Xmodmap for all users:

$> cat /etc/X11/Xmodmap
! /etc/X11/Xmodmap
!

clear Mod4

! Define keycodes for extra keys commonly found on PC keyboards
!
! Left Windows key
!keycode 115=F13
!Right Windows key
!keycode 116=F14
! Application key
!keycode 117=F15

! lems
keycode 0x73 = Super_L
keycode 0x74 = Super_R
keycode 0x75 =  Multi_key

And I have mandatory gconf keys so that all users' Super_L and Super_R
keys open the Applications menu and Run Applications... dialog,
respectively.

Cheers.

--
Luis M

lemsx1@latinomixed.com
This kernel runs like a dessicated slug if you have more than 2G of
memory due to a 32-bit overflow. -- Andrew Morton, on Linux 2.6.8-rc1-
mm1

http://www.latinomixed.com/