Re: Euro support in Gnome

Op vr, 24-09-2004 te 17:07 +0000, schreef Vaidotas Zemlys:
> Try choosing appropriate keyboard using gnome-keyboard-properties (or keyboard
> capplet). Also compare the output of setxkbmap -print, when using xfce and
> gnome. They probably do not match. If choose the right keyboard they should
> match and you'll get the desired result.
I also noted that the output from setxkbmap -print doesn't really match
the settings from my XF86Config-4 file.

setxkbmap -print:
xkb_keymap {
        xkb_keycodes  { include "xfree86+aliases(qwerty)"       };
        xkb_types     { include "complete"      };
        xkb_compat    { include "complete"      };
        xkb_symbols   { include "pc/pc(pc105)+pc/us"    };
        xkb_geometry  { include "pc(pc105)"     };
};

XF86Config-4:
Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Microsoft Natural Multimedia Keyboard"
        Driver          "keyboard"
        Option          "CoreKeyboard"
        Option          "XkbKeycodes"   "xfree86"
        Option          "XkbTypes"      "default"
        Option          "XkbSymbols"    "us(pc104euro)+us_intl
+inet)microsoftpro)"
        Option          "XkbGeometry"   "pc(pc104)
        Option          "XkbCompat"     "default"
EndSection

I really find the whole keyboard configuration a crime. I hope someone
can explain how the configured there keyboard to support the euro.

Arjan