Re: Euro support in Gnome

Op vr, 24-09-2004 te 17:07 +0000, schreef Vaidotas Zemlys:
> Try choosing appropriate keyboard using gnome-keyboard-properties (or keyboard
> capplet).
I tried to use the gnome-keyboard-properties applet, but it is not
completely clear to me which settings I should use.
Currently the settings are:
keyboard model:  Generic 105-key (Intl) PC which seems ok.
keyboard layout: U.S. English which seems ok as well.
if I do that I still can't use the AltGr+5 keys to get the euro symbol.

So what settings should I try?
> Also compare the output of setxkbmap -print, when using xfce and
> gnome. They probably do not match.

Well they match alright (see attached file).
> If choose the right keyboard they should
> match and you'll get the desired result.
> Sorry, but I cannot guarantee that this will work, since I do not have similar
> keyboard to test.
Well I don't think the type of keyboard really matters, my keyboard has
a normal US layout with some additional Internet and multimedia keys. I
hope someone can give me a little bit more information about how to
configure keyboards. The documentation of XFree86 and Xkb isn't very
helpfull and the Debian Euro Support howto doesn't really help either.
Furthermore I don't really understand why Gnome doesn't use the settings
from my XF86Config-4 file.

Greetings Arjan
xkb_keymap {
	xkb_keycodes  { include "xfree86+aliases(qwerty)"	};
	xkb_types     { include "complete"	};
	xkb_compat    { include "complete"	};
	xkb_symbols   { include "pc/pc(pc105)+pc/us"	};
	xkb_geometry  { include "pc(pc105)"	};
};