Re: gnome 2.8 regressions

Le vendredi 17 septembre 2004 à 11:35 -0700, Sanchez the Cactus a
écrit :
> I've gotten gnome 2.8 out of experimental, and noticed the following
> regressions:
>
> 1) logout no longer does the GDM communication thing to allow me to
> shutdown/reboot from the logout window

this is hack is debian specific and no gnome-session has been uploaded
in experimental with it, you can keep using the unstable package for
that for the moment. A gnome-session 2.8 should be uploaded soon.

> 2) mime type handling is messed up:  .ps files open in KGhostView, with no
> options for anything else, .jpg files open in some KDE image viewer, with the
> option of opening in 2 other KDE image viewers, but no EOG.  .abw has no
> associated applications... i'm sure there are more that I haven't encountered
> yet.

Yes, app need to have a .desktop adapted and to register in the debian,
that need integration work, will be done.

Cheers,

Sebastien Bacher