gnome 2.8 regressions

I've gotten gnome 2.8 out of experimental, and noticed the following
regressions:

1) logout no longer does the GDM communication thing to allow me to
shutdown/reboot from the logout window

2) mime type handling is messed up:  .ps files open in KGhostView, with no
options for anything else, .jpg files open in some KDE image viewer, with the
option of opening in 2 other KDE image viewers, but no EOG.  .abw has no
associated applications... i'm sure there are more that I haven't encountered
yet.

Are these issues known? going to be fixed soon?  caused by other packages?

Thanks,
-Joe