Re: File open dialog: Where is my tab extension

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004, Sven Luther wrote:

> Now, if the debian/gnome maintainers tell us, we agree with this, but
> upstream doesn't want to hear a thing about it, either provide a patch,
> or help us getting the right idea upstream by writing it to that list,
> then ok.

If I'm not mistaken, the file chooser that was in the previous GTK2+ release was
indeed a Debian-specific patch that was put there so that Debian users would
have a usable chooser until Gnome 2.2 would be released.  That Ximian-like
chooser which lasted until GTK+2.2 was in fact quite good and it was entirely
Debian's own doing.  Kudos to whoever had done it!  So yes, Debian can influence
things positively where there's a will.

--
Martin-Éric Racine, ICT Consultant
http://www.iki.fi/q-funk/