Using libtool 1.5.2-2 to limit dependencies?

Hello,
I assume you are all pretty well aware that a significant part of
Gnome-* has inflated dependencies, e.g. almost every program links
directly against some version of libtasn although problably only one
out of 100 really uses any function from it.

This is no bug in the sourcecode but caused by a long-standing libtool
bug (#191425) that has recently been fixed in 1.5.2-2.

I wonder whether it would make sense to use this libtool version at
least in the experimental Gnome packages. - libtoolizing freshly will
bloat the diff.gz but it might be worth the trouble.
                cu andreas
fuhggvat qbja gur juveyvat tha.
Neal Stephenson in "Snow Crash"