Re: Font differences between GNOME in SID and GNOME default

> On Fri, 2004-02-20 at 03:43, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> > dpkg-reconfigure fontconfig
> > enable the autohinter
>
> All I have to say is, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You.

Yeah, thank you from me too, but in the opposite direction:  I turned
the auto-hinter _on_, and now suddenly my fonts look _much_ better now
(all the lines in the font are suddenly actually aligned to pixel
boundaries).  This is especially noticeable with CJK fonts, which I
guess are rather demanding to display well at small sizes.

-Miles
--
Occam's razor split hairs so well, I bought the whole argument!