Re: Font differences between GNOME in SID and GNOME default

On Fri, 2004-02-20 at 03:43, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> dpkg-reconfigure fontconfig
> enable the autohinter

All I have to say is, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You. I have a laptop
that I use rarely, and the fonts looked like crap on on, yet the config
is identical to my other setups.  Well I turned OFF the autohinter and
now things look great..  Did the Debian fontconfig default used to be NO
autohinting, and that changed (the one with it enabled was a newer
install).  I also turned on autohinting on another laptop and it looks
bad.  Does the autohinting not work well on LCD panels or something,
because until now I thought it was generally a Good Thing.

--
Charles Voelger <cvoelger@dweasel.com>