Re: Please try to freeze uploads of meta-gnome related packages

Jordi Mallach wrote:
> [0] today's update excuses claim that meta-gnome2 needs galeon to go in,
> while it really doesn't, as it's just an alternative to
> epiphany-browser. We'll see if this blocks meta-gnome2 tonight, and if
> it does, I'll tell aj to apply some voodoo magic.

Either you are wrong, the debian testing scripts are buggy or my script is, because it lists several other reasons why meta-gnome2 can't go into testing yet:

----
Why is package X not in testing yet?

Checking meta-gnome2

- meta-gnome2 has no old version in testing (trying to add, not update)
- meta-gnome2 is only 1 days old. It must be 2 days to go in.
- meta-gnome2 has unsatisfiable dependencies:
  - gnome needs rhythmbox compiled for mips
  - gnome-desktop-environment needs epiphany-browser compiled for mips
  - gnome-office needs planner compiled for m68k, mips, sparc
- meta-gnome2 is waiting for abiword, galeon, planner
  - abiword is going in today
  - galeon is out of date on arm: 1.3.3.20030419-1 vs 1.3.11a-2 (probably build problems)
  - galeon is out of date on sparc: 1.3.10-3 vs 1.3.11a-2 (probably build problems)
  - planner is going in today
----

http://bjorn.haxx.se/debian/testing.pl?package=meta-gnome2

--