Re: font size changes when dpi changes

Hi,

I'd say it's neither. :) The unit 'point' is defined based on 'real'
spatial units, and DPI denotes the size of a pixel. Hence if the size in
points remains constant and the DPI varies, the size in pixels varies as
well. The idea is that the actual font size should always be the same
regardless of the DPI of the display.

Yet this exactly fails. After dpi change I have to decrease or increase font size for it to be the same size as before dpi change. For example I can't use verdana font in gkrellm anymore, because I can't choose smaller font size than 8, and 8 is too big. This is with 100 dpi, with 75dpi on another box, verdana 8 is too small. The same with fixed font, it's xlfd is

-misc-*-medium-r-normal-*-13-*-100-100-c-70-*-*

yet on box with 81dpi it is Fixed 12, on box with 100dpi Fixed 10, when IMHO it should be Fixed 13, regardles of dpi. Or am I wrong?

Mpiktas