Ghost in the machine again - this time courtesy of gdm

Guys,

Is anyone seeing ghosts left by gdm? When I log into my machine via gdm
(gdm 2, the current one in unstable), gdm creates an entry in
/var/run/utmp. Now, after I log out, the entry still exists.

For example, the following run of the "who" command took place after I
logged out from my Gnome session:

peloy@canaima:~$ who
peloy    ttyp0        May  7 10:44 (10.10.10.10)
peloy    ttyp0        May  7 09:30 (:0.0)
peloy@canaima:~$ tty
/dev/ttyp0
peloy@canaima:~$

See how an login from :0.0 still exists. The login from 10.10.10.10 is a
SSH session. Even if I stop gdm (and no X is running), this :0.0 entry
stays there.

After the gnome-terminal "ghost" saga, and now this, you can tell I hate
ghosts in my machine. One reason I dislike this so much is that I use
biff and comsat to get asynchronous notification of incoming mail, and
if the system things there are more than one person logged on the same
tty then comsat will write more than once to the terminal when a new
e-mail arrives. Very annoying.

Anyone else seeing something similar? If someone else is seeing this
I'll open a bug in upstream's Bugzilla about this.

Cheers,

Eloy.-