Re: How to fix a crashing Nautilus

Hi Christian,

Christian Marillat <marillat.christian@wanadoo.fr> writes:

> Ryan Verner <xfesty@computeraddictions.com.au> writes:
>
> > Has the cause for the lag in some gnome2 stuff mentioned (right-click
> > desktop menu lag, moving icons lag, changing desktops lag, gnome-terminal
> > completely freezing up) been identified?   Apart from this, everything's
> > working beautifully :-)
>
> All these stuffs work for me.

It works for me too, but there seems to be an intermitent problem. For
example, if I right click on the desktop I get the context menu
immediately in most cases, but on some other cases it takes a bit longer
to pop up. Some times I need to try several time to reproduce, but it's
so intermitent that it's hard. When I am able to reproduce the problem
was away a few minutes later and then I can't reproduce anymore.

It might have something to do with this message in my .gnome-errors:

(nautilus:2958): Eel-WARNING **: emit_event() returning FALSE!

I think when I get this the problem shows up.

By the way, I installed your gnome-control-center 2.2 and gnome-themes
packages; work fine for me (i386) and I don't see the problems others
are having with fam. Maybe it's a non-i386 issue?

Eloy.-